Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Breaking



A few weeks ago, my aunt came home from Canada for my Lola's birthday and the blessing of her new home.

It was happy seeing her again after long years, together with my cousin. We recalled countless stories on how my cousin wept and screamed with anger when he finally knew that they will be flying to Canada to follow his mom and have a better life there. We just laugh it off today.

I remember those days when members of the family have to leave and we'll send them off to airport. It was a heart-breaking moment, seeing tears running down their eyes and giving their final reminders to the ones who will be left in the country.

We were always the ones who are left- the ones who sends them to the airport and being reminded.

My dad wants us to go abroad to work and maybe, find our luck there. Though he didn't insisted us to take up Nursing (thank goodness), he encourages us to apply for a job abroad. "Wala ng pag-asa dito" he would always say.

Well, I am starting to believe him now, but that doesn't mean that I will leave.

I guess, I'd still be sending a few more relatives to the airport, be constantly reminded about the concerns here and would prepare the celebrations when they return for a visit.

******

Pagbati sa mga kapwa ko Novo Ecijano sa pagdiriwang ng
Ika-113 Anibersaryo ng Unang Sigaw ng Nueva Ecija!

Mabuhay ang lahi ng matatapang! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment