Thursday, April 8, 2010

I woke up to the sound of my phone's message alert tone. A friend sent me a text message announcing her completion of the requirements leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Nursing.

Yeah, most of my high school buddies will be registered nurses soon, they'll have jobs, earn their own incomes, buy what they want to, help their parents and finally achieve their dreams.

I got up, took a bath and went to school to finish all the requirements needed, and saw my supposed "batch-mates" reviewing their narrative reports, getting ready for their graduation pictorial and all that.

Looking back, being a teacher was not what I really wanted, I wanted to be a writer or something else related in media and mass relations. But then again, my parents didn't let me shift courses and transfer schools.

I knew I wouldn't graduate on time.
But seeing my their pictures during the proudest moment of their lives yet made me feel sad. For a moment (well, up to this time), I felt a deep sense of regret for all those days that slipped through my hands, for all those semesters I slacked off, for all those subjects I did not take seriously simply because I hate the teacher, for all those subjects that I was too afraid to enroll because of my pessimism- and I know I just can't take it back.

The truth is, I never imagined I would feel this way- I never imagined I would envy my high school buddies clad in their togas, smiling their hearts out with their parents, culminating their two decade life as students and getting ready to face life with their diplomas.
At the same time, I couldn't get any prouder and happier. They finally surpassed college! They did it! They are now one step closer to their dreams.

Four years ago, we were the saddest persons in the world after graduating from high school and knowing that college would not be easy without each other, and here they are now, they made it and I know they are really, really happy.

Two more semesters to go.
I know it'll be worth it. Life does not have to end just because I was not able to graduate on time, maybe God has other plans for me, or maybe that's the way it's supposed to be.

Congratulations Batch 2010!




1 comment:

  1. hi, this is aryan. i don't know how to comment in blogspot. haha.

    it really doesn't matter so much if you don't graduate on time. what matters is living your student life to the fullest. let's work hard and party harder. haha.

    ReplyDelete