Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dear Facebook.....

... I am starting to dislike you.

It's not you, it's me. Do you remember those good old times when I would spend 12 hours straight taking freakin' quizzes, saying what I feel through my status message, playing Pet Society, Poker, Cafe World and Farmville so I could rank first among my friends and chat with my friends without having to log-in at my YM?

For many months, my life revolved around you, I even starved myself for almost 2 months so I could buy a Globe Tattoo broadband and continue leveling-up and lose weight at the same time. You made me so happy everytime I receive an award from one of my games and publish it to my wall. 

I guees I grew tired of it, it felt like it was becoming a mere routine, nothing really special anymore- and I hate it.

I hate routines.

I hate seeing the same thing everyday. 

At first I thought I could not get over you, but when our "neighbors" stole the only telephone line in our street, I survived almost three weeks of not sitting for 12 straight hours in front of the computer, talking to "friends" using my fingers and tilling my farm.

When I got back, you've changed a lot. Almost everything posted by my friends are now on the news feed every time I log-on. You're starting to become like Friendster for me- uninteresting.

I told you, it's not you, it's me.

You made me realize that it is time to go back to basics. 

When we  lost the telephone line, I got the rare chance to bond with my sisters, my niece and nephew, my mom and dad and my bestfriend. We played Tumblin' Monkeys, Badminton and shared stories in our room, in the comfortable hammocks under mango tree outside the house and in front of the dining table.

Yes, technology has created ways to improve our existence, but in the end, it still depend on us  if technology is a boon or bane because it is as good as the persons utilizing it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment