Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cory Aquino in the eyes of a post-EDSA baby.

I only knew her in my History books in elementary, as the wife of Sen. Ninoy Aquino, a mother of Kris and the first woman president of the Philippines and in Asia, but that was before.

I know little about the EDSA, but I have watched videos of the People Power a lot of times in my PolSci, History and Makabayan subjects. Narrations of how the death of his husband and her willingness to continue what Ninoy fought for empowered a nation-peacefully and successfully were told.

I admire her and look up to her as a leader and a mother to many Filipinos. She is calm, religious and a passionate woman without reservations to serve the Filipinos.

She always believed in the innate ability of her fellow Filipinos, even in the toughest times.

Early on my childhood days, I knew what the color yellow meant and I could vividly remember the "Laban" sign I often saw on our television screen.

As I grow older, my interest in politics also grew. I always wonder why her opinions on certain issues especially that of corruption and unethical governance always matter to the leaders of the country. "Maybe, she is really someone whom they look up to"- and I have proven it many times.

Thank you for the democracy that we are enjoying now, Pres. Cory.

Thank you for the countless times that you have defended the country and fighting for what is right.


No comments:

Post a Comment