Saturday, July 12, 2008

say what?!

I should have been happy.

I SHOULD have been.

But I am NOT.

I feel disappointed.
discriminated.
victimized.
like a dumb as*hole.


I with two new staffers of The Educator, our college publication joined a "seminar" on "photojournalism". To some extent, I really learned something from the resource speakers from Ateneo.

Morning session started at 9.30 am and ended at 11.30 am.
And it was awful-really.
By this time, I realized that the three of us are actually victims of that "seminar".
We registered as "participants" and paid a whopping P 300/each for the "seminar kit, registration and food.
Came lunch time, we were surprised when we found out that we will eat JUST the SAME FOOD that facilitators, guests and observers will be eating? So what's the sense of that goddamn P300? A seminar kit, perhaps?

Lunch passed and the afternoon session started at 2pm.
Oh, where's the P300 seminar kit?
I just remembered the organizers early in the morning doing some cuttings and pasting to the envelopes. Where is it now?

The "seminar" passed and still, no seminar kit in sight.
Since I didn't bring any pen or paper because our EIC told us that it is already included in the P300 fee,I am itching to take down notes.

Hours passed and I wasn't able to take down any notes.

And what about the photo shoot??

Our group was the only group who took shots of human-beings and was criticized for doing so.
I admit, I gave a lame excuse of being "new" in that field that is why we produced a "palpak" photo essay, because it is actually TRUE.

Almost all of the participants are actually from the self-fulfilling prophecy department of this filthy college in the university.

And because their course is somehow related to the topic, of course they received excellent remarks. And when it was our turn, it was like I am in front of my rape victims because of the questions they are asking, no not only questions but "criticisms"-that according to them will help me become a better person (lokohin niyo lelang niyo. x.X)

What I really hate the most is dictating what I should or should not do-simply because I was not raised that way.

My parents never dictated on me- and no one will ever do.

And this is what actually happened this day.

Dictations and everything.
Following without knowing the reason why.
Giving praises for nothing.
Words and just words.

BORING.

No comments:

Post a Comment