Thursday, March 5, 2015

Metamorphose

Disclaimer: If you've been following this blog since God-knows-when, you've probably read a lot of my rants and random babbles about how my university life went. I've actually 'abandoned' this site for quite some time, well, 2-3 years I guess. Right after college, I realized that blogging (or having a stable internet connection is a luxury, and having the inspiration to write interesting stories and entries is a miracle). But hey, it's 2015, almost 3 years after my last post (which is actually an SEO-thing). And so, Limitless came to my mind, because I just feel like my life has undergone so many changes, yet, it still the same..(wait, that wasn't related).

So yeah, LIMITLESS. Because I'd like to think that we are all limitless. Borrowing from Mace in That Thing Called Tadhana (which is my new favorite Pinoy movie now), "na-u-unlearn ba yun? siguro pwede kang kalawangin, pero hindi mo pwedeng ma-unlearn yun", pertaining to Anthony's passion for painting which he thought he lost because he felt inferior to his classmates in college. At some point, I've felt like I was Anthony. I see almost everyone succeeding with their lives, having families or hugging cute little babies on Facebook, some seem to be having the time of their lives in a crowded resort or seeing something that strikes me and makes me think, "hey, if I just continued with writing or whatever that's not really related to teaching, I could have been great now.", which leads to another scene in the movie where Mace asked Anthony: "Grabe noh? aren't we supposed to be great by this time?". Tagos pare.


But then again, that is what makes people and social networking sites a big hit.They are supposed to make you feel miserable about yourself. But nah, I tread my own journey, I dream my own dream and I create my own happiness. Because I'd like to think we are all limitless. We can get out of the barriers we set for ourselves and go further, we can always choose to try again if the odds are against us, we can always give our very best, even if we don't get recognized and we can always find reasons to be happy even if our world seems to fall apart.

Because I'd like to think we are all limitless. We are born with different capacities, different families, different religions, different personalities and different cultures, but we are all born with the power to dream and make our dreams happen. And while I agree to Mace that we are supposed to be great at some point in our lives, I ought to tell her that we still have many years ahead of us, it doesn't matter if you become great at 25 (of course this is not me. haha), at 30, 40, or even 65, what matters is you've become the great person you aspired to be.

Because I'd like to think we are limitless. This is the beginning of my new journey towards becoming the great person I aspire to be! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment