Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What woke me up this morning

It was my first time to hear and see a rally, just outside our apartment. "This street is where rallyists gather every rally, and from here, they will walk along the Espana Blvd. going to Mendiola and hold their rally there", my sister said.

And they are rallysits with loud and clear audio system, mega phones, really huge streamers and a uniform for each group, making me wonder where they draw their funds and why they still need to protest. :D
But, hearing them practicing their protests, I believe that what they are fighting for, must be given attention, just like passing the security of tenure bill and the end of contractualization.

3 comments:

  1. It must be cool to see such a scene. I've only seen those on tv. Haha.

    http://thewalrus.cotton-candy.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's really cool. Haha. I was even able to memorize their chant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's your typical labor day rally. :) On funds, despite some people thinking that progressive groups get their funds from rich politicians (although some really do like those who sided with PNoy), they come from the members themselves. They practice collective living wherein everyone contributes from political discussions, organizational building and financial concerns even to the most personal details of their life.

    ReplyDelete